Prayer Calendar - June 2019
Praise items and prayer requests coming from within ANiC, ACNA and the Anglican Communion for each day of this month.
1. Our diocese– Pray for the Anglican Network in Canada and all our parishes across Canada and in New England. Pray for revival in our churches. We so desperately need the Lord.
2. Our province and primate– Pray for Archbishop Foley Beach (& Allison) as he gives godly leadership to the Anglican Church of North America (ACNA).Pray also for him as he embraces his new strategic role as chairman of the Gafcon primates’ council.
3. Pray for Bishop Charlie Masters (& Judy) as he leads ANiC. May God grant him the health, strength, discernment and the passion he needs for this heavy responsibility. Pray for protection for him from illness and fatigue. Grant him great zeal for the Gospel as he cares for the parishes in Canada and New England.
4. Pray for ANiC’s suffragan bishops: Bishops Stephen Leung (& Nona) and Trevor Walters (& Dede). Pray for health, protection, wisdom and vision as they care for clergy and churches.
5. Pray for Bishop Don Harvey (& Trudy) in his roles as ANiC’s episcopal vicar and as senior chaplain to the ACNA College of Bishops. Pray for his continued health and vigour. Stand with him against any assault or strategy of the “enemy of our souls” as he gives oversight to the spiritual warfare team.
6. Pray for Bishop Ron Ferris (& Jan) as he fulfills his important role as Assisting Bishop for Missionary Planning. Pray also for our retired bishop, Bishop Malcolm Harding (& Marylou). Thank God for their fruitful ministries.
7. Pray for Stephen Lieberman and Chad Graham as they are ordained to the priesthood today at Christ the King, Edmonton by Bishop Trevor Walters. May the Lord endow them with the gifts of the Holy Spirit required to fulfill their ministries and bless them with wisdom, compassion, and contagious passion for the Gospel.
8. Pray for our Missionary Bishop Andy Lines (& Mandy). Given the spiritual drift from orthodoxy of the Church of England and the Scottish Episcopal Church, his ministry to orthodox evangelicals is vital. Please pray for a time of rest, refreshment and rich encouragement as Bishop Andy continues a well-deserved three-month time away.
9. Pray for the ANiC staff & volunteers for strength for their tasks, for faithfulness in service, and for joy in the Lord. May God’s blessing rest on ANiC as we seek to know, love & serve Him.
10. ANiC’s New England congregations
Holy Trinity (Marlborough, MA)
St Brigid of Kildare (Medway, MA)
Holy Trinity (Attleboro, MA)
All Saints’ (Rutland, VT)
Emmanuel - Chinese (Boston, MA)
11. ANiC archdeacons, canons & all clergy– Pray for spiritual and physical protection and renewal as well as God’s blessing upon their ministry. Pray also for their spouses & families that God would grant them safety and health in body, mind and spirit.
12. ANiC congregations in Newfoundland & the Atlantic Provinces
St Stephen the Martyr (St John’s, NL)
Resurrection (Halifax, NS)
Good Samaritan (St John’s, NL)
Christ the King (Quispamsis, NB)
All Saints (Bonavista, NL)
13. ANiC congregations in Quebec
St Timothy’s (Montreal)
St James (Lennoxville)
14. ANiC congregations in the Ottawa area
Faith Anglican (Limoges)
St Luke’s (Pembroke)
Blackburn Hamlet Community (Ottawa)
St Peter & St Paul’s (Ottawa)
Grace (Mississippi Mills)
Eternal Hope (Carleton Place)
15. ANiC congregations in Ontario
St Aidan’s (Windsor)
St Aidan’s at River’s Bend (Belle River)
Cornerstone Anglican Church (Sarnia)
New Life (Sturgeon Falls)
The Way (Wasaga Beach)
The Gate (Sault Ste Marie)
Church of the Good Shepherd, (Sault Ste Marie) church project (recent)
16. ANiC congregations in Ontario
St Hilda’s (Oakville)
St Peter by the Park (Hamilton)
St George’s (Burlington)
Good Shepherd (St Catharines)
St Jude (Guelph)
17. Pray for the annual ACNA Provincial Assembly being held in Plano, TX starting today through Wed. June 19. This year’s theme is “Disciple: Renewing our Call to the Great Commission”. May this event be a great blessing and encouragement to all who attend.
18. ANiC congregations in Greater Toronto and eastern Ontario
St Chad’s (Toronto)
Celebration Church (Barrie)
Christ The King (Toronto)
New Song (Port Perry)
Bethel South Asian (Brampton)
Living Waters (Kingston)
St James Fellowship (Trenton)
St Stephen Anglican Fellowship (Napanee) (recent)
19. ANiC congregations in Saskatchewan & Manitoba
Resurrection (Brandon, MB)
St Bede’s (Kinosota, MB)
Redeemer (Dauphin, MB)
Cornerstone (Regina, SK)
Saint Saviour’s, (Lloydminster SK)
20. ANiC council, chancellor & registrar– Pray for wisdom and servant hearts as they serve ANiC. May they know God’s leading, seek His will, and experience His joy.
21. Asian & Multicultural Ministries in Canada (AMMiC) – May God bless and prosper their ministry as they reach out to ethnic communities and new immigrants with the transforming Gospel of Jesus, and engage in planting new churches.
22. ANiC congregations in Alberta
Holy Trinity - Filipino (Edmonton)
Grace Anglican (Calgary)
Christ the King (Edmonton)
Good Shepherd - Cantonese (Calgary)
Living Water (Athabasca)
23. Pray for David Pennylegion+ as he is installed today at St. Aidan’s, Windsor. Pray for God’s Holy Spirit to empower David for this ministry and to grant him wisdom and compassion as he cares for God’s people there.
-Pray also for Devin Hunt who is being ordained tomorrow (June 24) to the diaconate at Faith Anglican Church in Limoges, ON. May God richly bless his ministry to the people of this parish.
24. ANiC congregations in the Fraser Valley & Interior of BC
Saint Matthew’s (Abbotsford)
Christ Church (Kelowna)
Church of the Holy Cross (Abbotsford)
Bulkley River project (formerly Houston and Smithers) (recent)
25. ANiC congregations in the Vancouver area
St John’s (Vancouver)
Sojourn Church (UBC, Vancouver)
St John’s (Richmond)
Immanuel Church (Vancouver)
St Peter’s Fireside (Vancouver)
St Andrew’s (Delta)
26. ANiC congregations in the Vancouver area
St Matthias and St Luke (Vancouver)
Good Shepherd Richmond – Chinese
All Nations – Japanese
St John’s – Sudanese (Surrey)
Good Shepherd Vancouver – Chinese
St Timothy’s (North Vancouver)
St Simon’s (North Vancouver)
27. ANiC congregations on Vancouver Island & Sunshine Coast
Open Gate Church (Victoria)
Living Edge (Victoria)
Church of Our Lord (Victoria)
Christ’s Church (Oceanside)
The Table (Victoria, SaanichPeninsula)
Christ the Redeemer (Pender Harbour)
28. Pray for the Anglican Relief and Development Fund Canada (ARDFC) as it is partnering with the Anglican Diocese of Egypt to help support the continued development of a Vocational Training Center in Giza, Egypt. The Vocational Training Center will enrol 144 students, both male and female, between the ages of 16 and 30. The life impact will also include 432 family members. In addition, 15 – 20 students will qualify for a small business loan to start a business.
29. ANiC’s 5 Ministry Priorities– Pray that God will use these five priorities to transform us and our parishes: Bold witnesses; Biblically grounded; Loving children; On mission; and Planting churches.
30. Today has been designated as Gafcon Sunday. Please pray for Gafcon, a global family of authentic Anglicans standing together to retain and restore the Bible to the heart of the Anglican Communion. Pray for the fulfillment of their God-given mandate: “Gafcon works to guard and proclaim the unchanging, transforming Gospel through biblically faithful preaching and teaching which frees our churches to make disciples by clear and certain witness to Jesus Christ in all the world.”