Prayer Calendar - May 2019
Praise items and prayer requests coming from within ANiC, ACNA and the Anglican Communion for each day of this month.
1. Our diocese– Pray for the Anglican Network in Canada and all our parishes across Canada and in New England. Pray for revival in our churches. We so desperately need the Lord.
2. Our province and primate– Pray for Archbishop Foley Beach (& Allison) as he gives godly leadership to the Anglican Church of North America (ACNA).Pray also for him as he embraces his new strategic role as chairman of the Gafcon primates’ council.
3. Pray for Bishop Charlie Masters (& Judy) as he leads ANiC. May God grant him the health, strength, discernment and the passion he needs for this heavy responsibility. Pray for protection for him from illness and fatigue. Grant him great zeal for the Gospel as he cares for the parishes in Canada and New England.
4. Pray for ANiC’s suffragan bishops: Bishops Stephen Leung (& Nona) and Trevor Walters (& Dede). Pray for health, protection, wisdom and vision as they care for clergy and churches.
5. Pray for Jared Driscoll+ who is being installed today as rector at Church of the Resurrection in Brandon MB and Church of the Redeemer, Dauphin MB. Pray for God’s Holy Spirit to empower Jared for this ministry and to grant him wisdom and compassion as he cares for God’s people there.
-Pray also for all of our churches on this Sanctity of Life Sunday to celebrate the amazing, valuable and meaningful gift from God that every person's life is, from start to finish.
6. Pray for Bishop Don Harvey (& Trudy) in his roles as ANiC’s episcopal vicar and as senior chaplain to the ACNA College of Bishops. Pray for his continued health and vigour. Stand with him against any assault or strategy of the “enemy of our souls”.
-Please pray also for the Clergy Silent Retreat, May 6 – 8 at a retreat centre near Orangeville. May this be a precious time of refreshment and spiritual renewal for all who attend.
7. Pray for Bishop Ron Ferris (& Jan) as he fulfills his important role as Assisting Bishop for Missionary Planning. Pray also for our retired bishop, Bishop Malcolm Harding (& Marylou). Thank God for their fruitful ministries.
8. Pray for our Missionary Bishop Andy Lines (& Mandy). Given the spiritual drift from orthodoxy of the Church of England and the Scottish Episcopal Church, his ministry to orthodox evangelicals is vital. Please pray for a time of rest, refreshment and rich encouragement as Bishop Andy continues a well-deserved three-month time away.
9. Pray for the annual March for Life being held in Ottawa today. We thank God for Anglicans for Life Canada and their vital ministry of bringing awareness and encouraging prayer for this critical issue in our nations.
10. Pray for the ANiC staff & volunteers for strength for their tasks, for faithfulness in service, and for joy in the Lord. May God’s blessing rest on ANiC as we seek to know, love & serve Him.
11. ANiC’s New England congregations
Holy Trinity (Marlborough, MA)
St Brigid of Kildare (Medway, MA)
Holy Trinity (Attleboro, MA)
All Saints’ (Rutland, VT)
Emmanuel - Chinese (Boston, MA)
12. Pray for the ordination today to the priesthood of David Smith+ at St. Stephen Anglican Fellowship Church in Napanee ON. May the Lord bless him with wisdom, compassion and passion for the Gospel as he ministers in this new parish.
13. ANiC archdeacons, canons & all clergy– Pray for spiritual and physical protection and renewal as well as God’s blessing upon their ministry. Pray also for their spouses & families that God would grant them safety and health in body, mind and spirit.
-Pray also for the annual Clergy and Spouses Retreat at Malibu BC starting today through May 16th. May it be a rich time of refreshment and encouragement for all who attend.
14. ANiC congregations in Newfoundland & the Atlantic Provinces
St Stephen the Martyr (St John’s, NL)
Resurrection (Halifax, NS)
Good Samaritan (St John’s, NL)
Christ the King (Quispamsis, NB)
All Saints (Bonavista, NL)
15. ANiC congregations in Quebec
St Timothy’s (Montreal)
St James (Lennoxville)
16. ANiC congregations in the Ottawa area
Faith Anglican (Limoges)
St Luke’s (Pembroke)
Blackburn Hamlet Community (Ottawa)
St Peter & St Paul’s (Ottawa)
Grace (Mississippi Mills)
Eternal Hope (Carleton Place)
17. ANiC congregations in Ontario
St Aidan’s (Windsor)
St Aidan’s at River’s Bend (Belle River)
Cornerstone Anglican Church (Sarnia)
New Life (Sturgeon Falls)
The Way (Wasaga Beach)
The Gate (Sault Ste Marie)
Church of the Good Shepherd, (Sault Ste Marie) church project (new)
18. ANiC congregations in Ontario
St Hilda’s (Oakville)
St Peter by the Park (Hamilton)
St George’s (Burlington)
Good Shepherd (St Catharines)
St Jude (Guelph)
19. Pray for the graduates from Ryle Seminary who are being ordained today at the Church of the Messiah Ottawa at 4:00 PM. The ordinands are Daniel Avitan, Jonathan Camiré, Daniel Gilman. As they begin their ordained ministry, may the Holy Spirit give them grace, compassion, and a zeal for the Gospel of Christ.
20. ANiC congregations in Greater Toronto and eastern Ontario
St Chad’s (Toronto)
Celebration Church (Barrie)
Christ The King (Toronto)
New Song (Port Perry)
Bethel South Asian (Brampton)
Living Waters (Kingston)
St James Fellowship (Trenton)
St Stephen Anglican Fellowship (Napanee) (new)
21. ANiC congregations in Saskatchewan & Manitoba
Resurrection (Brandon, MB)
St Bede’s (Kinosota, MB)
Redeemer (Dauphin, MB)
Cornerstone (Regina, SK)
Saint Saviour’s, (Lloydminster SK)
22. ANiC council, chancellor & registrar– Pray for wisdom and servant hearts as they serve ANiC. May they know God’s leading, seek His will, and experience His joy. Please pray especially for wisdom as the ANiC Council meets in Vancouver May 22-23.
- Pray also for the clergy of our Asia and Multicultural Ministries (AMMIC) as they gather today for a day apart. May the Lord grant them refreshment, encouragement and great fellowship and may God bless this ministry as it reaches ethnic communities & new immigrants with the Gospel, and plants new churches.
- Pray also for the Spiritual Warfare and Exorcism Conference being held at Holy Trinity Anglican Church in Marlborough, MA beginning today through May 24. This is a vital part of God’s provision to “set the captives free”. May the Lord grant protection over all who attend and their families.
23. ANiC congregations in Alberta
Holy Trinity - Filipino (Edmonton)
Grace Anglican (Calgary)
Christ the King (Edmonton)
Good Shepherd - Cantonese (Calgary)
Living Water (Athabasca)
24. ANiC congregations in the Fraser Valley & Interior of BC
Saint Matthew’s (Abbotsford)
Christ Church (Kelowna)
Church of the Holy Cross (Abbotsford)
Bulkley River project (formerly Houston and Smithers) (recent)
25. ANiC congregations in the Vancouver area
St John’s (Vancouver)
Sojourn Church (UBC, Vancouver)
St John’s (Richmond)
Immanuel Church (Vancouver)
St Peter’s Fireside (Vancouver)
St Andrew’s (Delta)
26. ANiC congregations in the Vancouver area
St Matthias and St Luke (Vancouver)
Good Shepherd Richmond – Chinese
All Nations – Japanese
St John’s – Sudanese (Surrey)
Good Shepherd Vancouver – Chinese
St Timothy’s (North Vancouver)
St Simon’s (North Vancouver)
27. ANiC congregations on Vancouver Island & Sunshine Coast
Open Gate Church (Victoria)
Living Edge (Victoria)
Church of Our Lord (Victoria)
Christ’s Church (Oceanside)
The Table (Victoria, SaanichPeninsula)
Christ the Redeemer (Pender Harbour)
28. Pray for the Anglican Relief and Development Fund Canada (ARDFC) as it is partnering with the Anglican Diocese of Egypt to help support the continued development of a Vocational Training Center in Giza, Egypt. The Vocational Training Center will enrol 144 students, both male and female, between the ages of 16 and 30. The life impact will also include 432 family members. In addition, 15 – 20 students will qualify for a small business loan to start a business.
29. ANiC’s 5 Ministry Priorities– Pray that God will use these five priorities to transform us and our parishes: Bold witnesses; Biblically grounded; Loving children; On mission; and Planting churches.
30. Global Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans– Pray that repentance, revival and renewal will spread throughout the Communion. Pray especially for the dedicated Primates leading this global fellowship of orthodox Anglicans determined to remain faithful to God’s Word.
31. Let us continue to fervently pray for a fresh outpouring of repentance and revival upon our nations and our world!“Oh that you would rend the heavens and come down, that the mountains might quake at your presence - as when fire kindles brushwood and the fire causes water to boil - to make your name known to your adversaries, and that the nations might tremble at your presence!” Isaiah 64:1-2 ESV