Prayer Calendar - April 2019
Praise items and prayer requests coming from within ANiC, ACNA and the Anglican Communion for each day of this month.
1. Our diocese– Pray for the Anglican Network in Canada and all our parishes across Canada and in New England. Pray for revival in our churches. We so desperately need the Lord.
2. Our province and primate– Pray for Archbishop Foley Beach (& Allison) as he gives godly leadership to the Anglican Church of North America (ACNA). Pray also for him as he prepares to take on the new strategic role as chairman of the Gafcon primates’ council this month.
3. Pray for Bishop Charlie Masters (& Judy) as he leads ANiC. May God grant him the health, strength, discernment and the passion he needs for this heavy responsibility. Pray for protection for him from illness, weariness, or loss of vision.
4. Pray for ANiC’s suffragan bishops: Bishops Stephen Leung (& Nona) and Trevor Walters (& Dede). Pray for health, protection, wisdom and vision as they care for clergy and churches.
5. April First Friday: We urge you to set aside the first Friday as a day to pray and fast for our diocese (ANiC), the Anglican Church of North America, and the Anglican Communion worldwide. We live in an age of immense pressure against the Gospel. It is critical that we unite together in prayer.
Please pray also for ANiC Ontario Women’s Retreat April 5-7, a company of like-minded women in a relaxing camp atmosphere for a time of worship, fellowship and prayer.
6. Pray for Bishop Don Harvey (& Trudy) in his roles as ANiC’s episcopal vicar and as senior chaplain to the ACNA College of Bishops. Pray for their continued health and vigour. Stand with them against any assault or strategy of the “enemy of our souls”.
7. Pray for Bishop Ron Ferris (& Jan) as he fulfills his important role as Assisting Bishop for Missionary Planning. Pray also for our retired bishop, Bishop Malcolm Harding (& Marylou). Thank God for their fruitful ministries.
Please pray also today for Mathew Court, being ordained to the priesthood. Mathew will continue to serve at St. James, Lennoxville.
8. Pray for our Missionary Bishop Andy Lines (& Mandy). Given the spiritual drift from orthodoxy of the Church of England and the Scottish Episcopal Church, his ministry to orthodox evangelicals is vital. Please pray for a time of rest, refreshment and rich encouragement as Bishop Andy continues a well-deserved three-month time away.
9. ANiC council, chancellor & registrar– Pray for wisdom and servant hearts as they serve ANiC. May they know God’s leading, seek His will, and experience His joy.
10. Pray for the ANiC staff & volunteers for strength for their tasks, for faithfulness in service, and for joy in the Lord. May God’s blessing rest on ANiC as we seek to know, love & serve Him.
11. ANiC’s New England congregations
Holy Trinity (Marlborough, MA)
St Brigid of Kildare (Medway, MA)
Holy Trinity (Attleboro, MA)
All Saints’ (Rutland, VT)
Emmanuel - Chinese (Boston, MA)
12. ANiC congregations in Newfoundland & the Atlantic Provinces
St Stephen the Martyr (St John’s, NL)
Resurrection (Halifax, NS)
Good Samaritan (St John’s, NL)
Christ the King (Quispamsis, NB)
All Saints (Bonavista, NL)
13. ANiC congregations in Quebec
St Timothy’s (Montreal)
St James (Lennoxville)
14. ANiC archdeacons, canons & all clergy– Pray for spiritual and physical protection and renewal as well as God’s blessing upon their ministry. Pray also for their spouses & families that God would grant them safety and health in body, mind and spirit.
15. ANiC congregations in the Ottawa area
Faith Anglican (Limoges)
St Luke’s (Pembroke)
Blackburn Hamlet Community (Ottawa)
St Peter & St Paul’s (Ottawa)
Grace (Mississippi Mills)
Eternal Hope (Carleton Place)
16. ANiC congregations in Ontario
St Aidan’s (Windsor)
St Aidan’s at River’s Bend (Belle River)
Cornerstone Anglican Church (Sarnia)
New Life (Sturgeon Falls)
The Way (Wasaga Beach)
The Gate (Sault Ste Marie)
Church of the Good Shepherd, (Sault Ste Marie) church project (new)
17. ANiC congregations in Ontario
St Hilda’s (Oakville)
St Peter by the Park (Hamilton)
St George’s (Burlington)
Good Shepherd (St Catharines)
St Jude (Guelph)
18. Good Friday: On this highly significant day in the church calendar and, indeed, in the history of the world, let us pray for all ANiC parishes in Canada and New England that the very heart of the Gospel message, the atoning sacrifice of Christ for each of us upon the Cross, would be shared with clarity and passion from every pulpit.
19. ANiC congregations in Greater Toronto and eastern Ontario
St Chad’s (Toronto)
Celebration Church (Barrie)
Christ The King (Toronto)
New Song (Port Perry)
Bethel South Asian (Brampton)
Living Waters (Kingston)
St James Fellowship (Trenton)
St Stephen Anglican Fellowship (Napanee) (new)
20. Easter Sunday: May the glorious news of Resurrection life, however familiar, thrill the hearts of every member of every parish in ANiC, and may we be faithful and contagious witnesses of the Empty Tomb!
21. ANiC congregations in Saskatchewan & Manitoba
Resurrection (Brandon, MB)
St Bede’s (Kinosota, MB)
Redeemer (Dauphin, MB)
Cornerstone (Regina, SK)
Saint Saviour’s, (Lloydminster SK)
22. ANiC congregations in Alberta
Holy Trinity - Filipino (Edmonton)
Grace Anglican (Calgary)
Christ the King (Edmonton)
Good Shepherd - Cantonese (Calgary)
Living Water (Athabasca)
23. ANiC congregations in the Fraser Valley & Interior of BC
Saint Matthew’s (Abbotsford)
Christ Church (Kelowna)
Church of the Holy Cross (Abbotsford)
Bulkley River project (formerly Houston and Smithers) (recent)
24. ANiC congregations in the Vancouver area
St John’s (Vancouver)
Sojourn Church (UBC, Vancouver)
St John’s (Richmond)
Immanuel Church (Vancouver)
St Peter’s Fireside (Vancouver)
St Andrew’s (Delta)
25. ANiC congregations in the Vancouver area
St Matthias and St Luke (Vancouver)
Good Shepherd Richmond – Chinese
All Nations – Japanese
St John’s – Sudanese (Surrey)
Good Shepherd Vancouver – Chinese
St Timothy’s (North Vancouver)
St Simon’s (North Vancouver)
26. ANiC congregations on Vancouver Island & Sunshine Coast
Open Gate Church (Victoria)
Living Edge (Victoria)
Church of Our Lord (Victoria)
Christ’s Church (Oceanside)
The Table (Victoria, SaanichPeninsula)
Christ the Redeemer (Pender Harbour)
27. Asian & Multicultural Ministries in Canada (AMMiC)– May God bless this ministry as it reaches ethnic communities & new immigrants with the Gospel, and plants new churches.
28. Pray for the Anglican Relief and Development Fund Canada (ARDFC) as it is partnering with the Anglican Diocese of Egypt to help support the continued development of a Vocational Training Center in Giza, Egypt. The Vocational Training Center will enrol 144 students, both male and female, between the ages of 16 and 30. The life impact will also include 432 family members. In addition, 15 – 20 students will qualify for a small business loan to start a business.
29. ANiC’s 5 Ministry Priorities– Pray that God will use these five priorities to transform us and our parishes: Bold witnesses; Biblically grounded; Loving children; On mission; and Planting churches.
30. Global Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans– Pray that repentance, revival and renewal will spread throughout the Communion. Pray especially for the dedicated Primates leading this global fellowship of orthodox Anglicans determined to remain faithful to God’s Word.