Prayer Calendar - November 2019
Praise items and prayer requests coming from within ANiC, ACNA and the Anglican Communion for each day of this month.
1. November first Friday: We urge you to set aside the first Friday as a day to pray and fast (if you are able) for our diocese (ANiC), the Anglican Church of North America, and the Anglican Communion worldwide. We live in an age of immense pressure against the Gospel. It is critical that we unite together in prayer.
Our diocese – Pray for the Anglican Network in Canada and all of our parishes across Canada and in New England. Pray for revival in our churches. We so desperately need the Lord. May great passion for the Gospel be a hallmark of each congregation.
2. Our province and primate – Pray for Archbishop Foley Beach (& Allison) as he gives godly leadership to the Anglican Church of North America (ACNA). Pray also for him as he embraces his strategic role as chairman of the Gafcon primates’ council.
3. Pray for Bishop Charlie Masters (& Judy) as he leads ANiC. May God grant him the health, strength, discernment and the passion he needs for this heavy responsibility. Pray for protection for him from illness and fatigue. Grant him great zeal for the Gospel as he cares for the parishes in Canada and New England.
4. ANiC’s 5 Ministry Priorities – Pray that God will use these five priorities to transform us and our parishes: Bold witnesses; Biblically grounded; Loving children; On mission; and Planting churches.
5. Pray for ANiC’s annual Synod being held in Ottawa, beginning today and running through Nov. 8th. This year’s theme is, “Him We Proclaim” based upon Colossians 1:28-29. May the Holy Spirit continue to impart renewed vision and clarity for our future. Today we begin with Clergy Day. Pray for a time of great refreshing and encouragement for our pastoral leaders.
6. At ANiC’s Synod in Ottawa, it is Workshop Day. Pray for all the presenters and also for the Spirit of revelation to impart the truth of God’s Word, not just to our minds but to our hearts.
Pray also for the Opening Eucharist Wednesday evening at which Bishop Charlie will present his annual Bishop’s Charge, both a retrospective of the past year and clear vision for the future.
7. Pray for ANiC’s suffragan bishops: Bishops Stephen Leung (& Nona) and Trevor Walters (& Dede). Pray for health, protection, wisdom and vision as they care for clergy and churches.
Also, continue to pray for our Synod in its last day and a half of meetings. May the decisions that are made be fully in accordance with the Lord’s will and purpose for our future.
8. Pray also for Bishop Don Harvey (& Trudy) in his roles as ANiC’s episcopal vicar and as senior chaplain to the ACNA College of Bishops. Pray for his continued health and vigour. Stand with him against any assault or strategy of the “enemy of our souls” as he gives oversight to the spiritual warfare team.
Pray for Bishop Ron Ferris (& Jan) as he fulfills his important role as Assisting Bishop for Missionary Planning. Pray also for our retired bishop, Bishop Malcolm Harding (& Marylou). Thank God for their fruitful ministries.
9. Pray for our Missionary Bishop Andy Lines (& Mandy). Given the spiritual drift from orthodoxy of the Church of England and the Scottish Episcopal Church, his ministry to orthodox evangelicals is vital. Please pray as Bishop Andy resumes his ministry responsibilities after a time away.
10. ANiC’s New England congregations
Holy Trinity (Marlborough, MA)
Holy Trinity (Attleboro, MA)
All Saints’ (Rutland, VT)
Emmanuel - Chinese (Boston, MA)
11. ANiC archdeacons, canons & all clergy – Pray for spiritual and physical protection and renewal as well as God’s blessing upon their ministry. Pray also for their spouses & families that God would grant them safety and health in body, mind and spirit. As they re-engage in ministry after the summer, may the Lord grant them grace upon grace as they pastor those under their care.
12. ANiC congregations in the Atlantic Provinces
St Stephen the Martyr (St John’s, NL)
Resurrection (Halifax, NS)
Good Samaritan (St John’s, NL)
Christ the King (Quispamsis, NB)
All Saints (Bonavista, NL)
St. Matthew’s (Gander, NL) (new)
13. ANiC congregations in Quebec
St Timothy’s (Montreal)
St James (Lennoxville)
14. ANiC congregations in the Ottawa area
Faith Anglican (Limoges)
St Luke’s (Pembroke)
Blackburn Hamlet Community (Ottawa)
St Peter & St Paul’s (Ottawa)
Grace (Mississippi Mills)
Eternal Hope (Carleton Place)
15. ANiC congregations in Ontario
St Aidan’s (Windsor)
St Aidan’s at River’s Bend (Belle River)
Cornerstone Anglican Church (Sarnia)
New Life (Sturgeon Falls)
The Way (Wasaga Beach)
The Gate (Sault Ste Marie)
Church of the Good Shepherd, (Sault Ste Marie) church project (recent)
16. ANiC congregations in Ontario
St Hilda’s (Oakville)
St Peter by the Park (Hamilton)
St George’s (Burlington)
Good Shepherd (St Catharines)
St Jude (Guelph)
17. Anglican Explorers - Pray for the fruitfulness of this new ANiC church seeding and planting initiative led by Bishop Ron Ferris and Rev. Geoff Chapman as they seek to match church planters with seed groups and planting opportunities across the country.
18. Asian & Multicultural Ministries in Canada (AMMiC) – May God bless and prosper their ministry as they reach out to ethnic communities and new immigrants with the transforming Gospel of Jesus, and engage in planting new churches.
19. ANiC congregations in Greater Toronto and eastern Ontario
St Chad’s (Toronto)
Celebration Church (Barrie)
Christ The King (Toronto)
New Song (Port Perry)
Bethel South Asian (Brampton)
Living Waters (Kingston)
St James Fellowship (Trenton)
St Stephen Anglican Fellowship (Napanee) (recent)
20. ANiC congregations in Saskatchewan & Manitoba
Resurrection (Brandon, MB)
St Bede’s (Kinosota, MB)
Redeemer (Dauphin, MB)
Saint Saviour’s, (Lloydminster SK)
21. ANiC congregations in Alberta
Holy Trinity - Filipino (Edmonton)
Grace Anglican (Calgary)
Christ the King (Edmonton)
Good Shepherd - Cantonese (Calgary)
Living Water (Athabasca)
22. ANiC congregations in the Fraser Valley & Interior of BC
Saint Matthew’s (Abbotsford)
Christ Church (Kelowna)
Church of the Holy Cross (Abbotsford)
Bulkley River project (formerly Houston and Smithers) (recent)
23. ANiC congregations in the Vancouver area
St John’s (Vancouver)
Sojourn Church (UBC, Vancouver)
St John’s (Richmond)
Immanuel Church (Vancouver)
St Peter’s Fireside (Vancouver)
St Andrew’s (Delta)
24. ANiC congregations in the Vancouver area
St Matthias and St Luke (Vancouver)
Good Shepherd Richmond – Chinese
All Nations – Japanese
St John’s – Sudanese (Surrey)
Good Shepherd Vancouver – Chinese
St Timothy’s (North Vancouver)
St Simon’s (North Vancouver)
25. ANiC congregations on Vancouver Island & Sunshine Coast
Open Gate Church (Victoria)
Living Edge (Victoria)
Church of Our Lord (Victoria)
Christ’s Church (Oceanside)
The Table (Victoria, Saanich Peninsula)
Christ the Redeemer (Pender Harbour)
26. ANiC council, chancellor & registrar – Pray for wisdom and servant hearts as they serve ANiC. May they know God’s leading, seek His will, and experience His joy.
27. Pray for the Anglican Relief and Development Fund Canada (ARDFC) as it is partnering with the Anglican Diocese of Egypt to help support the continued development of a Vocational Training Center in Giza, Egypt. The Vocational Training Center will enrol 144 students, both male and female, between the ages of 16 and 30. The life impact will also include 432 family members. In addition, 15 – 20 students will qualify for a small business loan to start a business.
Pray for the board of ARDFC which has a face-to-face meeting today in Burlington. Pray for continued wisdom and ongoing financial support of this vital ministry.
28. Please pray for Gafcon, our global family of authentic Anglicans standing together to retain and restore the Bible to the heart of the Anglican Communion. Pray for the fulfillment of their God-given mandate: “Gafcon works to guard and proclaim the unchanging, transforming Gospel through biblically faithful preaching and teaching which frees our churches to make disciples by clear and certain witness to Jesus Christ in all the world.”
29. Pray for the ANiC staff & volunteers in Burlington for strength for their tasks, for faithfulness in service, and for joy in the Lord. May God’s blessing rest on ANiC as we seek to know, love & serve Him.
30. Pray for a fresh outpouring of repentance and revival upon our nations and our world! “Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down, that the mountains might quake at your presence - as when fire kindles brushwood and the fire causes water to boil - to make your name known to your adversaries, and that the nations might tremble at your presence!” Isaiah 64:1-2 ESV