Prayer Calendar - March 2018
Praise items and prayer requests coming from within ANiC, ACNA and the Anglican Communion for each day of this month.
1. Our diocese – Pray for the Anglican Network in Canada and all our parishes across Canada and in New England. Pray for revival in our churches. We desperately need the Lord.
Vancouver Island Deanary is hosting a 24 hour prayer vigil for the health of Bishop Trevor Walters 8am March 1st to 8am March 2nd and invites the whole diocese to join in prayer.
2. Our province and primate – Pray for Archbishop Foley Beach (& Allison). May God glorify Himself through the ACNA and give us a passion for sharing the Gospel.
3. Pray for Bishop Charlie Masters (& Judy) as he leads ANiC. May God grant him the health, strength, discernment and the passion he needs for this heavy responsibility.
4. ANiC’s 5 Ministry Priorities – Pray that God will use these five priorities to transform us and our parishes: Bold witnesses; Biblically grounded; Loving children; On mission; and Planting churches.
5. Pray for ANiC’s suffragan bishops: Bishops Stephen Leung (& Nona) and Trevor Walters (& Dede). Pray for health, wisdom and vision as they care for clergy and churches. Pray especially for Bishop Trevor as he undergoes cancer treatment.
6. Bishop Don Harvey (& Trudy) – Pray for Bishop Don in his roles as ANiC’s episcopal vicar and as senior chaplain to the ACNA College of Bishops.
7. Pray for Bishop Ron Ferris (& Jan) as he embraces his important new role as Assisting Bishop for Missionary Planning. Bishop Ron will seek to integrate new ministry possibilities and partnerships for our future. Pray also for our retired bishop, Bishop Malcolm Harding (& Marylou). Thank God for their fruitful ministries.
8. Pray for the new Missionary Bishop Andy Lines (& Mandy), who was consecrated at the ACNA Assembly on the 30th June, 2017. Given the spiritual drift from orthodoxy of the Church of England and the Scottish Episcopal Church, his ministry to orthodox evangelicals will be vital.
9. ANiC council, chancellor & registrar – Pray for wisdom and servant hearts as they serve ANiC. May they know God’s leading, seek His will, and experience His joy.
10. ANiC staff & volunteers – Pray for strength for the tasks, faithfulness in service, & joy in the Lord. May God’s blessing rest on ANiC as we seek to know, love & serve Him.
11. Asian & Multicultural Ministries in Canada (AMMiC) – May God bless this ministry as it reaches ethnic communities & new immigrants with the Gospel, and plants new churches.
12. ANiC archdeacons, canons & all clergy – Pray for spiritual and physical protection and renewal as well as for God’s blessing on them, their spouses & families. Please pray especially for our Archdeacons as they meet with Bishop Charlie today in Vancouver. (Archdeacons: Paul Charbonneau, Ron Corcoran, Darrell Critch, Paul Crossland, Dan Gifford, Terry Lamb, Michael McKinnon, Tim Parent)
13. Pray for the “Being Clear About the Gospel” Conference, March 13-14 in Vancouver. The Gospel is "the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes" (Rom. 1:16). It is vital for all Christians, but especially for those in positions of leadership in the local church, to be clear about what the Gospel is and what it is not.
14. ANiC’s New England congregations
Holy Trinity (Marlborough, MA)
St Brigid of Kildare (Medway, MA)
Holy Trinity (Attleboro, MA)
All Saints’ (Rutland, VT)
Emmanuel - Chinese (Boston, MA)
15. Please pray today for ANiC Council as they meet today and tomorrow (March 15 -16) with Bishop Charlie and the other bishops to pray and seek God’s direction for ANiC’s future direction and mission.
16. ANiC congregations in Newfoundland & the Atlantic Provinces
St Stephen the Martyr (St John’s, NL)
Resurrection (Halifax, NS)
Good Samaritan (St John’s, NL)
Christ the King (Quispamsis, NB)
17. ANiC congregations in Quebec
St Timothy’s (Montreal area)
St James (Lennoxville)
Emmaus (Westmount, Montreal)
18. ANiC congregations in the Ottawa, Ontario area
St Luke’s (Pembroke)
Blackburn Hamlet Community (Ottawa)
St Peter & St Paul’s (Ottawa)
Grace (Mississippi Mills)
Eternal Hope (Carleton Place)
19. ANiC congregations in Ontario
St Aidan’s (Windsor)
St Aidan’s at River’s Bend (Belle River)
Cornerstone Anglican Church (Sarnia)
New Life (Sturgeon Falls)
The Way (Wasaga Beach)
The Gate (Sault Ste Marie)
20. ANiC congregations in Ontario
St Hilda’s (Oakville)
St Peter by the Park (Hamilton)
St George’s (Burlington)
Good Shepherd (St Catharines)
St Jude (Guelph)
21. ANiC congregations in Greater Toronto and eastern Ontario
St Chad’s (Toronto)
Celebration Church (Barrie)
Christ The King (Toronto)
New Song (Port Perry)
Bethel South Asian (Brampton)
Living Waters (Kingston)
St James Fellowship (Trenton)
22. ANiC congregations in Saskatchewan & Manitoba
Resurrection (Brandon, MB)
St Bede’s (Kinosota, MB)
Redeemer (Dauphin, MB)
Cornerstone (Regina, SK)
23. ANiC congregations in Alberta
Holy Trinity - Filipino (Edmonton)
Grace Anglican (Calgary)
Christ the King (Edmonton)
Good Shepherd - Cantonese (Calgary)
Living Water (Athabasca)
24. ANiC congregations in the Fraser Valley & Interior of BC
Saint Matthew’s (Abbotsford)
Christ Church (Kelowna)
Church of the Holy Cross (Abbotsford)
South Okanagan Project (Oliver)
25. ANiC congregations in the Vancouver, BC area
St John’s Vancouver
Sojourn Church (UBC, Vancouver)
St John’s Richmond
Immanuel Church (Vancouver)
St Peter’s Fireside (Vancouver)
St Andrews (Delta)
26. ANiC congregations in the Vancouver, BC area
St Matthias and St Luke (Vancouver)
Good Shepherd Richmond – Chinese
All Nations – Japanese
St John’s – Sudanese (Surrey)
Good Shepherd Vancouver – Chinese
St Timothy’s (North Vancouver)
27. ANiC congregations on Vancouver Island & Sunshine Coast
Open Gate Church (Victoria)
Living Edge (Victoria)
Church of Our Lord (Victoria)
Christ’s Church (Oceanside)
The Table (Victoria, Saanich Peninsula)
Christ the Redeemer (Pender Harbour)
28. Global Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans – Pray that repentance, revival and renewal will spread throughout the Communion. Pray especially for the dedicated Primates leading this global fellowship of orthodox Anglicans determined to remain faithful to God’s Word.
29. For the Anglican Relief and Development Fund Canada (ARDFC) as it is partnering with the Anglican Diocese of Cameroon to provide a full service healthcare clinic in the city of Douala. It will offer inexpensive, quality care to people who do not have access to, or who cannot afford, health care and medications.
30. Pray for the millions of refugees and internally displaced people worldwide. Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Muslim, communist and war-torn lands.
31. Pray for a fresh outpouring of repentance and revival upon our nations and our world! “Oh that you would rend the heavens and come down, that the mountains might quake at your presence - as when fire kindles brushwood and the fire causes water to boil - to make your name known to your adversaries, and that the nations might tremble at your presence!” Isaiah 64:1-2 ESV