Prayer Calendar - January 2019
Praise items and prayer requests coming from within ANiC, ACNA and the Anglican Communion for each day of this month.
1. As we pass through the threshold of another new year, pray for a fresh outpouring of repentance and revival upon our nations and our world! Consider praying the following prayer every day of this month:
“Lord of the harvest, we pray for the salvation of the many world-wide who have never even heard the Gospel message. We ask you to send out labourers of every ministry gifting so that many will be brought daily into your Kingdom and nurtured in your Church. Holy Spirit, we invite you to burst into our services of worship in a fresh, new way. May the presence of God overwhelm us and may the power of God be released to transform hopeless, twisted and broken lives and relationships. In the mighty Name of Jesus, we ask this. Amen”
2. Our diocese– Pray for the Anglican Network in Canada and all our parishes across Canada and in New England. Pray for revival in our churches. We so desperately need the Lord.
3. Our province and primate– Pray for Archbishop Foley Beach (& Allison) as he gives godly leadership to the Anglican Church of North America (ACNA).Pray also for him as he prepares to take on the new strategic role as chairman of the Gafcon primates’ council in April 2019.
4. Pray for Bishop Charlie Masters (& Judy) as he leads ANiC. May God grant him the health, strength, discernment and the passion he needs for this heavy responsibility. Pray for protection for him from illness, weariness, or loss of vision.
5. Pray for ANiC’s suffragan bishops:Bishops Stephen Leung (& Nona) and Trevor Walters (& Dede). Pray for health, protection, wisdom and vision as they care for clergy and churches. Stand with them against any assault or strategy of the “enemy of our souls”.
6. Pray also for Bishop Don Harvey (& Trudy) in his roles as ANiC’s episcopal vicar and as senior chaplain to the ACNA College of Bishops. Pray for his continued health and vigour.
7. Pray for Bishop Ron Ferris (& Jan) as he fulfills his important role as Assisting Bishop for Missionary Planning. Pray also for our retired bishop, Bishop Malcolm Harding (& Marylou). Thank God for their fruitful ministries.
8. Pray for our Missionary Bishop Andy Lines (& Mandy). Given the spiritual drift from orthodoxy of the Church of England and the Scottish Episcopal Church, his ministry to orthodox evangelicals is vital. Pray for wisdom, courage and protection from discouragement.
9. ANiC archdeacons, canons & all clergy– Pray for spiritual and physical protection and renewal as well as for God’s blessing on them, their spouses & families.
10. ANiC council, chancellor & registrar– Pray for wisdom and servant hearts as they serve ANiC. May they know God’s leading, seek His will, and experience His joy.
11. ANiC staff & volunteers– Pray for strength for the tasks, faithfulness in service, and joy in the Lord. May God’s blessing rest on ANiC as we seek to know, love & serve Him.
12. Asian & Multicultural Ministries in Canada (AMMiC)– May God bless this ministry as it reaches ethnic communities & new immigrants with the Gospel, and plants new churches.
13. ANiC’s New England congregations
Holy Trinity (Marlborough, MA)
St Brigid of Kildare (Medway, MA)
Holy Trinity (Attleboro, MA)
All Saints’ (Rutland, VT)
Emmanuel - Chinese (Boston, MA)
14. ANiC congregations in Newfoundland & the Atlantic Provinces
St Stephen the Martyr (St John’s, NL)
Resurrection (Halifax, NS)
Good Samaritan (St John’s, NL)
Christ the King (Quispamsis, NB)
All Saints (Bonavista, NL) (new)
15. ANiC congregations in Quebec
St Timothy’s (Montreal)
St James (Lennoxville)
16. ANiC congregations in the Ottawa area
Faith Anglican (Limoges)
St Luke’s (Pembroke)
Blackburn Hamlet Community (Ottawa)
St Peter & St Paul’s (Ottawa)
Grace (Mississippi Mills)
Eternal Hope (Carleton Place)
17. ANiC congregations in Ontario
St Aidan’s (Windsor)
St Aidan’s at River’s Bend (Belle River)
Cornerstone Anglican Church (Sarnia)
New Life (Sturgeon Falls)
The Way (Wasaga Beach)
The Gate (Sault Ste Marie)
18. ANiC congregations in Ontario
St Hilda’s (Oakville)
St Peter by the Park (Hamilton)
St George’s (Burlington)
Good Shepherd (St Catharines)
St Jude (Guelph)
19. ANiC congregations in Greater Toronto and eastern Ontario
St Chad’s (Toronto)
Celebration Church (Barrie)
Christ The King (Toronto)
New Song (Port Perry)
Bethel South Asian (Brampton)
Living Waters (Kingston)
St James Fellowship (Trenton)
St Stephen Anglican Fellowship (Napanee)
20. New Church Plant at Napanee, ON. Please pray for the Rev. David Smith who will be inducted today as deacon-in-charge for St Stephen Anglican Fellowship in Napanee.
21. ANiC congregations in Saskatchewan & Manitoba
Resurrection (Brandon, MB)
St Bede’s (Kinosota, MB)
Redeemer (Dauphin, MB)
Cornerstone (Regina, SK)
Saint Saviour’s, (Lloydminster SK)
22. ANiC congregations in Alberta
Holy Trinity - Filipino (Edmonton)
Grace Anglican (Calgary)
Christ the King (Edmonton)
Good Shepherd - Cantonese (Calgary)
Living Water (Athabasca)
23. ANiC congregations in the Fraser Valley & Interior of BC
Saint Matthew’s (Abbotsford)
Christ Church (Kelowna)
Church of the Holy Cross (Abbotsford)
new projects in Houston and Smithers
24. ANiC congregations in the Vancouver area
St John’s (Vancouver)
Sojourn Church (UBC, Vancouver)
St John’s (Richmond)
Immanuel Church (Vancouver)
St Peter’s Fireside (Vancouver)
St Andrew’s (Delta)
25. ANiC congregations in the Vancouver area
St Matthias and St Luke (Vancouver)
Good Shepherd Richmond – Chinese
All Nations – Japanese
St John’s – Sudanese (Surrey)
Good Shepherd Vancouver – Chinese
St Timothy’s (North Vancouver)
St Simon’s (North Vancouver)
26. ANiC congregations on Vancouver Island & Sunshine Coast
Open Gate Church (Victoria)
Living Edge (Victoria)
Church of Our Lord (Victoria)
Christ’s Church (Oceanside)
The Table (Victoria, SaanichPeninsula)
Christ the Redeemer (Pender Harbour)
27. Pray for the Anglican Relief and Development Fund Canada(ARDFC) as it is partnering with the Anglican Diocese of Egypt to help support the continued development of a Vocational Training Center in Giza, Egypt. The Vocational Training Center will enrol 144 students, both male and female, between the ages of 16 and 30. The life impact will also include 432 family members. In addition 15 – 20 students will qualify for a small business loan to start a business.
28. ANiC’s 5 Ministry Priorities– Pray that God will use these five priorities to transform us and our parishes: Bold witnesses; Biblically grounded; Loving children; On mission; and Planting churches.
29. Global Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans– Pray that repentance, revival and renewal will spread throughout the Communion. Pray especially for the dedicated Primates leading this global fellowship of orthodox Anglicans determined to remain faithful to God’s Word.
30. Pray for the millions of refugees and internally displaced people worldwide. Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Islamic, communist and war-torn lands.
31. Pray for those in authority over us, especially our elected officials, legislatures, and courts. Pray also for police officers, first responders, fire fightersand military personnel overseas that the Lord would grant them protection from harm, both physically and emotionally.