MAY 14-17 2018
Come away for a time of refreshing and fellowship at Young Life's Malibu Club, a Young Life camp. Located 160km north of Vancouver, British Columbia, Malibu is situated at the mouth of the world-renowned Princess Louisa Inlet and surrounded by mountains soaring straight out of the water to heights of more than 2400m. It is a place of extraordinary beauty and isolation.
As in previous years, this retreat is designed to provide solid biblical teaching together with worship, physical rest, spiritual refreshment and enriching fellowship. We want to strengthen and encourage one another in our ministry and refocus on our Christ-ordained, Kingdom-advancing mission: preaching the Good News and making disciplines.
SPEAKERS & THEME:
If you're a musician and willing to help in worship please call Barclay Mayo+: 604-815-8309
Malibu Camp offers a spectacular natural setting with a variety of outdoor activities, climbing wall, sailing and kayaking
The price is $380 per person for shared accommodation and $480 per person for single occupancy. You are responsible for your own transportation to Egmont.
- There may be subsidies available for clergy who feel they cannot afford the full price. For inquires please contact the ANiC office: email@example.com
Please email Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
*Please include in your email any special dietary needs you or your spouse have.
Registration deadline is May 9.
IMPORTANT: Please also fill out the Camping Health Consent & Release Form and hand it in to Rev. Barclay Mayo when you arrive at Malibu Landing.
The cost includes the trip by water taxi up Jervis Inlet from Egmont to the pristine Princess Louisa Inlet. You will need to travel by BC Ferries (at your cost) from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale and then up the Sunshine Coast to Malibu Landing at Egmont.
HOW DO I GET THERE?
This year includes travel through some of the most beautiful areas of the BC coast. If you are flying in, please try to connect with other registrants for the car ride from Vancouver to Egmont. The trip includes a one hour ferry ride from the terminal in Horseshoe Bay (West Vancouver) to Langdale on the Sunshine Coast. The current fee schedule for this ferry trip is as follows (but changes are anticipated):
- Adult $16.15; Senior (65+) $8.10 plus taxes and surcharges
- Passenger vehicle (excluding driver) $54.00 + taxes and surcharge
- Fares and schedules can change so please check the BC Ferry website closer to the retreat date: www.bcferries.com
- The ferry is NOT included in your retreat fees. However, you only pay on the outward bound portion of the journey. The fare covers the return trip as well.
- Catch the 9:45 or 11:55am ferry from Horseshoe Bay. The drive from Langdale takes 1 hour and 45 minutes to reach Malibu Landing in Egmont where you will transfer to water taxis at 3:00pm for the remainder of the journey.
- Click here for a Google Maps of the Malibu Club location. (You can also enter the following into Google Maps: loc: 49.756429 -123.942068.)
- The water taxi cost is included in your retreat fee.
- Kyle MacKenney+, Christ the Redeemer Pender Harbour, has graciously invited people to stop by for coffee at the church on their way up the sunshine coast while waiting for the ferry. You can find the address and contact information on their website.